Monday, October 1, 2012

The Modern Reenactor-By Jason O'Keefe

For those of you who have not heard or read my posts on Facebook.-Where oddly enough most of my contacts come from, This blog is about profiling those that are putting their best foot forward. This might mean they are world famous in a Modern Medievalist sort of way. It might also just mean to a circle of people they are well known. In any case I believe with my heart and soul, one of the reasons people are feeling the way they do, is that the tearing down of others, and their works has become all too easy.

You don't have to adopt my views on things. However I believe that if you are one of those persons out there that is honestly trying to do something, it never hurts to read about someone else who is going through or has gone through the same trials as you.-Whether this is in a Modern Medievalist context or not.

My grandfather once told me, "Courtesy costs nothing. But the lack of it can cost more than you will ever know."

It is easier to tear down than it is to build. That being a sad statement I want to change in my life, I have decided to show examples of those who are working hard at having fun!

Jason O'Keefe is a man who has been around the UK reenactment world for a long time, 25 years to be exact. I don't know what possessed him to start his own magazine?-(This is not one of my usual interviews) But it is a very cool online magazine with some amazing links, and a nice listing of international groups by country.  He has also begun trading at the odd reenactment event.

Here are links to his endeavors:

 http://issuu.com/thereenactor/docs/the_re-enactor_issue_45pdf

A XVth Century Archery Unit based on the Welsh Marches:

http://www.theborderlevy.com/page2.htm

All my absolute best!

DS Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment